The Catch Basin Filter
The Catch Basin Filter Insert has been developed to help eliminate hydrocarbons and other contaminants such as antifreeze, metals, sand, silt, and litter from storm water runoff.
The Catch Basin Filter is also used post-construciton to replace the GEO-TRAP™ series (used during preconstruction for sediment and dust control).
- Constructed from high density polyethylene plastic with UV inhibitors.
- Non-reactive high density polyethylene plastic construction with UV inhibitors
- Round, square, rectangular and custom models available
- Easy-to-install in new and existing storm drain inlets
- Patented design includes high nominal flow and high overflow capacities
- Easy-to-maintain filter insert allows for quick and easy servicing
- Filter insertincludes a replaceable media cartridge for removal of hydrocarbons, metals, antifreeze, sand, silt, and litter
- Filter Media is Non-Hazardous and Meets EPA and OSHA Standards
Curb Inlet Filter
The Curb Inlet Filter Insert has been developed to help eliminate hydrocarbons and other contaminants such as antifreeze, metals, sand, silt, and litter from storm water runoff.
Curb Inlet Filter is constructed from high impact polystyrene plastic with UV inhibitors. Rubber added for increased impact resistance.
- Non-reactive high impact polystyrene plastic construction with UV inhibitors
- Rubber added for increased impact resistance
- 40% of the plastic comes from recycled content
- Easy-to-install in new and existing curb opening storm drain inlets
- Patent pending design includes high nominal flow and high overflow capacities
- Filter insert includes a replaceable media cartridge for removal of hydrocarbons, metals, antifreeze, sand, silt, and litter
- Filter media can be removed through the curb opening for quick and easy servicing
- Filter media cartridge is constructed of durable geotextile fabric woven with perforated polypropylene
- Filter media is non-hazardous and meets EPA and OSHA Standards
With multiple cartridge heights available, you now have a choice when fitting a StormFilter system onto your site.
The 27” cartridge provides 50% more treatment per square foot of system than the previously standard 18” cartridge.
So, you are meeting the same treatment standards with fewer cartridges, which means a smaller system.
If you are limited by hydraulic constraints, choose our low drop cartridge (12"), which provide filtration treatment with only 1.8 feet of headloss.
Oil Absorbent Filters
SWIMS offers replacement oil sbsorbent filters for interceptors and catch basin cartridges.
The Interceptor Filter is a white pillow-like filter located at the outlet compartment of the interceptor and absorbs oil and gas. The filter should be replaced when it turns dark brown or grey.
The Catch Basin Filter removes hydrocarbons, metals, antifreeze, sand, silt, and litter and is non-hazardous and meet EPA and OSHA Standards.
In Q1 of 2016, we aquired the full trash capture manufacturing company Stormtek.
StormTek provides a simple, yet innovative storm water quality solution for municipal, commercial and industrial markets. Our StormTek device features high pollutant removal efficiencies, simple installation, ease of operation & maintenance at a significantly lower cost relative to other types of ‘larger’ BMP’s (Best Management Practices) in the storm water treatment industry.
Visit the StromTek website
Drain Marker Program
Buy our drain marker for $30 with a lifetime warranty including installation.